Ynni Sir Gâr are following the advice of the Welsh and UK Governments as the country responds to the coronavirus pandemic; prioritising the health and welfare of our clients and staff and continuing to deliver services as fully as possible.
Staff welfareAll our team are equipped and able to work remotely, so staff have been advised to work from home, regardless of whether they are feeling unwell or suspect they may have contracted the virus. Staff have also been advised:
- To conduct meetings by conference call where possible and avoid travel
- To self-isolate for seven days if they are exhibiting symptoms
- To self-isolate for fourteen days if a family member exhibits symptoms
- To self-isolate if they have underlying health issues or are currently pregnant
- That parents of school-age children may work as flexibly as necessary using our flexible working policy to allow them to look after and/or supervise children
Client welfareMany of our community clients have been asked to shut down public-facing operations during this pandemic. Others are running reduced operations and/or are observing a work-from-home policy for their staff. We will continue to offer advice, support and recommendations over the phone or electronically, but we will not offer energy surveys or face-to-face meetings during this time.
All public events are being postponed until a time where they are considered lower risk. We are actively exploring ways that we can bring engagement events and training to our communities and clients digitally.
Business continuityEvery company anticipates that COVID-19 will have an impact on the level of services we can continue to provide during periods of isolation or social distancing. Ynni Sir Gâr have put the following measures in place to limit the impact to clients, funders and project objectives:
- Our flexible working policy allows employees to work from home with full access to our secure IT systems, allowing us to continue as usual.
- Staff laptops are equipped with webcams and software to conduct conference calls in place of face-to-face meetings
- If you have any concerns about the services you’re expecting to receive, please get in touch with your usual contact at Ynni Sir Gâr or email email@example.com